Tilray Australia & New Zealand

Tilray's operations in Australia and New Zealand are based in Sydney, and support Healthcare Professionals in the region.

Accessing Medicinal Cannabis in Australia & New Zealand

Medicinal cannabis products are regulated as controlled drugs in Australia and New Zealand.

 In Australia, all medicines must be entered on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), administered by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), prior to supply within Australia.  Tilray is currently providing investigational medical cannabis products for trials with the objective of registering them in the region.  

Products that are not registered on the ARTG can only be accessed via one of 3 pathways: 

In New Zealand medicines must be registered with MedSafe, part of the Ministry of Health (MoH).

Unregistered medicinal cannabis products can be accessed with approval from the MoH.  More information can be found here.

Accessing Tilray Products

Tilray products are not registered on the ARTG in Australia or with Medsafe in New Zealand. To date, the TGA in Australia and the MoH in New Zealand have approved some applications to supply individual patients with Tilray medicinal cannabis products, under the access pathways described above.  Tilray is also supplying product to the Victorian Government, under a government funded program for paediatric epilepsy.

Products Available in Australia and New Zealand

Products used in approved applications in Australia and New Zealand to date include CBD Max, an oral liquid consisting of 98% CBD, and Tilray 1:1, an oral liquid consisting of equal parts THC and CBD.  

*Tilray dried flower products, and many other products listed on the Tilray global website are not generally available in Australia or New Zealand. 

Doctor Contact

Doctors in Australia and New Zealand wishing to contact Tilray Australia can call: 1800-361-664 or email ANZInfo@tilray.com. Tilray Australia and New Zealand is unable to engage directly with patients, and advises anyone with a medical condition to seek advice from a relevant specialist.

General Contact

Please submit the form below and a member of our team will contact you soon.